- Do I need to donate? If so, how much?
Each member commits to donate $100 per quarter ($400 per year) for one year.
- How often are meetings held?
Meetings are held four times per year.
Meet and Mingle (optional) 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Meeting 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Who will the donations be given to?
Quarterly donations will be given to Allen County not-for-profit organizations serving Fort Wayne, Indiana and surrounding areas.
- Are donations given to national charities or just local charities?
National charities will only be considered if they have an active presence in our communities. The purpose is for 100% of our contributions to stay in the local community.
- How can my organization be considered to receive donations?
Any member wishing to promote a local 501(c)(3) will write her name and the name of the organization on a provided form and then put it into a basket for consideration. Forms are drawn at random.
- How many organizations are considered at once? How does the voting process go?
Three name/agency forms will be drawn from the basket. Each member promoting a favorite agency drawn has up to 6 minutes to present information on the needs of the organization. Four minutes are provided for other members to ask questions. A vote by written ballot is taken and the agency receiving the most votes receives all of the funds for the quarter.
- If a member’s name is drawn and her charity is not chosen, will she still be eligible to put her name in the basket at subsequent meetings?
Yes, if a member’s name is drawn and her charity is not chosen, she is eligible to put her name in the basket at subsequent meetings.
- Who are checks written to?
Checks are written directly to the chosen organization.
- What if I can’t make it to the meeting?
If you aren’t able to make a meeting, you are still committed to writing a $100 check to the selected charity. You may provide a proxy vote to someone who is attending.
- Can an organization win more than once?
Once an agency receives funds, they are not eligible to be promoted again for two years.
- Who is membership open to?
Membership in 100+ Women Who Care is open to ALL women.